Imperial City is a place we often come by for yum cha and dim sum on Sundays as this place is close to where MIL is staying. Since MIL is celebrating her ”Grand Birthday” (Dai Sau) we chose this restaurant to have lunch and celebrate with her.
Generally the 50th, 60th and 70th and above birthdays are called “grand birthday” by the Chinese for which a feast will be held by the elder’s children or grandchildren and attended by many friends and relatives. Well, in our case, we minus the relatives and friends but have the children and grandchildren only! As it was a Sunday we make prior reservation to avoid any waiting. FYI, they only allow table reservations if you go for the Set Menu and not dim sum!
They gave us a pretty good seating location which is right at the end of the restaurant since all the private rooms were taken. Notice the b’day card E personally made for his poh poh (grandma)?? How can one not love this little “heart stealer”??
Peking Roasted Duck (Two Varieties) ~ This dish is prized for its thin & crispy skin wrapped in mandarin crepes and garnish with scallions and hoisin sauce. We found the sauce too sweet for our liking and the skins are not crispy enough. Only a 5/10!
- Totaled at RM 381.90. Breakdown as follows:-
- 1) Set Meal @ RM 298.80++
- 2) To change from Grouper to Patin (Silver Catfish) @ RM 20.00
- 3) Titbits (stemead ground nuts) x 2 plates @ RM 6.00
- 4) 2 bowls of plain rice @ RM 3.00
- 5) Chinese Liu Bao tea for 5 person @ RM 10.00
- 6) Plain water for 4 person @ RM 4.00
- 7) Wet towel for 9 person @ RM 5.40
Honestly, for this kinda price, I may get nicer food at less known restaurants around. The only plus point is the ambiance which is good for certain occasions. Will I come back? Well, only for my yum cha session and dim sum sessions!
- Imperial City Restaurant
- Ground floor, Cheras Plaza
- Jalan Manis 1, Taman Segar
- 56100 Cheras
- Kuala Lumpur.
- Tel – 603-9132 0118
- Business Hours – 1130 – 1430/1800 – 2230 (Mon-Sat) 0930 – 1430/1800-2230 (Sun & PH)